Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Gum Paste Flowers


One of the many things that sets Natalie’s Cake Pops apart from the other Cake Pop makers is my adorable edible flowers! The flowers are made of Gum Paste. Gum Paste is a sugar based material that I make by hand. It starts out the consistency of clay, but it dries quickly, so you need to work relatively fast as you use it.



I dye the Gum Paste a variety of colors. These sweet little flowers are a perfect addition to a wedding, birthday party, baby shower, etc.  I make my custom flowers using a special technique and they are truly one-of-a-kind!



See the possibilities...

  Add a beautiful Gum Paste flower to a Cake Pop and it becomes a true master piece!
 

Perfect on a Fondant Cake too!!!






6 comments:

  1. how do u make this flowers love them what are the name of this flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. What type of chocolate do you use for dipping? It looks so perfect! Any tips for me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! What gumpaste cutters did you use? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really a great addition. I have read this marvelous post. Thanks for sharing information about it. I really like that. Thanks so lot for your convene. southern california wedding cakes

    ReplyDelete